Have a Taste of Ancient Bavarian Culture: Try Frankenmuth Hotels
Festivals and that Special Christmas Store
Here's a fact - if you need some last minute shopping for a Christmas present and you can't find that present that your kid has been asking for then go to Bronner's Christmas Wonderland. Everybody calls the place as the biggest Christmas store in the world.
As a bit of a warning, in case you find yourself buying stuff here during the holidays it will be in your best interest to avoid the afternoon and evening rush. The place tends to get pretty crowded during such times.
Christmas isn't the only reason why a sudden population increase happens in Frankenmuth every now and then. The place is also famous for a lot of different festivities that reel in a lot of visitors and tourists.
The following are some of the most popular, and you might add outrageously fun, festivals in Frankenmuth.
1. The World Expo of Beer: Do you consider yourself a leading expert in booze? You haven't seen anything yet until you have attended this expo. Other than a more than average overflow of beer, the event is more of a fundraiser for different beneficiaries.
2. Bavarian Fest: Have you ever wondered what a Bavarian lifestyle feels like? In case you're interested then this festival is a great time to get immersed in the entire German culture. Take note that thousands of people attend this festival each year. They are treated to traditional German music as well as somewhat exotic home grown cooking.
3. Oktoberfest: Can't have enough of that German thing in the air? Then come back for the Oktoberfest in Frankenmuth. They don't call the place the "Little Bavaria" for nothing. This is actually one of the first Oktoberfests that is not celebrated in Munich, Germany.
4. Great Lakes Regional Hot Air Balloon Championships: The skies literally turn colorful during this annual championship event. This even is also held along with the Dog Bowl, a dog competition.
After all the festivities, people need some place to lay their head to rest for the night. The good news is that there are a lot of Frankenmuth hotels to accommodate all the guests and visitors to the city. The following are some of the best hotel options in the Frankenmuth areas.
1. Drury Inn and Suites: If you're stuck somewhere on South Main Street then check out Drury Inn and Suites. It's a great place for the whole family. An added bonus is a fact that pets are allowed here.
2. Fairfield Inn: This hotel adds a little more of a modern touch to the area. They have a decent pool, free Internet, free breakfast, as well as a spa and fitness center.
3. SpringHill Suites: This hotel can be found along South Main Street. Aside from the daily buffet breakfast, the indoor pool of this hotel is actually really great. It's one of the quieter Frankenmuth hotels in the area.